Soft Boiled Egg, nailed it.

 have been trying to perfect my cook on these suckers for a while to reduce the time in my morning. Going straight from the cold fridge to rapidly boiling water, boil 3 minutes turn the heat off let sit for 3 mintes. Boom, fabulous eggs like this:


I will note that previously I was over cooking or undercooking. I was looking for what I feel to be the tastiest soft boiled egg where the white is cooked (but not rubbery) and the yolk is starting to solidify on the edges so that you get a little bit of that thick yolkiness attached to each bite of white. Where as my previous egg the yolk slid right out the cooked whites into its own puddle, a much slimier soft boiled egg, not as nice of a texture when eating.

And a puntastic article on boiling eggs I looked up for Ideas on my post, knowing that I am not the only eggstatic soft boiled egg addict.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/10/the-food-lab-science-of-how-to-cook-perfect-boiled-eggs.html

Comments